Chelsea and Colin had a small and intimate wedding with their closest friends and family in New Orleans, Louisianna.
Why Chelsea and Colin chose to get married in New Orleans
“We ultimately chose New Orleans as our “destination” because we didn’t want to do something small in Mobile. New Orleans has always been a fun escape for us, we have friends there, we always have fun together there, and we both grew up going there with our families. We chose Tableau after eating there the weekend after we got engaged and fell in love with the atmosphere and the house band. We chose St. Mary’s Chapel because it was the most quaint Catholic church in New Orleans and it felt like a perfect place to share the day with God, and our friends and family.”
My favorite moments of the day
- Well, this isn’t my favorite moment but it is an important part of the day and it shows who Chelsea and Colin are as people. Colin broke his sternum the week of the wedding. That is the part that is not my favorite. What I did enjoy though was seeing how they took something that most people would allow to ruin their wedding day, and they made the best of it. They didn’t let it dampen their spirits in the least. Colin had a great attitude the entire time. Even though he wasn’t as mobile as I’m sure he would have liked to have been, you would never know how uncomfortable he was by looking at these photos.
- Their first look… I mean look how Colin looked at Chelsea. You can just tell how much they love each other. 😍
- Chelsea’s smile! She was so happy, and she radiated joy the entire day.
- I love that they chose New Orleans for their destination. I love the city and was the perfect backdrop for their wedding.
- We had great weather the whole day up until the reception. Minutes after we arrived, the rain came, and it poured the rest of the day. I loved getting photos on the balcony that showed the rain. Those were definitely some of my favorite photos of the day!
Chelsea + Colin, I wish you many years of happiness! Thank you for giving us the opportunity to capture your special day!
Lead Photographer: Jennie Tewell // Second Shooter: Brianna Hemphill // Ceremony Location: St. Mary’s Chapel // Reception Location: Tableau // Florist: Beth’s Florist // Cake: Joe Gambino’s Bakery // Hair: Sherri Mannina // Makeup: Flawless Bride // Bride’s Dress: Bella Bridesmaids // Shoes: Rachel Zoe // Men’s Attire: Metzgers