I thought it would be fun to change up the way I have been doing my wedding day blog posts. Let me know what you think of the change.
The Wedding Day Style
Neutral, romantic, classic, and southern. Charming with lots of character.
Pale blue, lots of greenery, and white flowers.
My favorite moments of the day
- Watching Parker read a card from his late grandfather. He wrote him cards for special events that he knew he wouldn’t be able to attend, and his wedding card was his last one.
- The first look. Parker was hesitant on doing a first look. He and Evelyne actually came to an agreement. If Parker agreed to do a first look, Evelyne would let him has his pasta bar at the reception. 😂 Sounded like a great compromise to me! And after doing a first look with Evelyn, I don’t think he had any regrets. It was so special!
- I also loved when Evelyne did her first look with the bridesmaids. They were so emotional, and it shows how great those friendships are. Evelyn is the first of her group of close friends to get married, so it was definitely an emotional time for all.
- Another one of my favorite parts of the day was working with the families of Evelyne and Parker. Their families were both so kind, and genuine. They made me feel so at home, and comfortable. I seriously have the best clients, but not only are my clients wonderful, but their families are as well! I get to work with so many great people, and that is what I love most about my job!
- I would be lying if I didn’t say that one of my favorite parts of the day was having Ellen Jay Sweets a part of the wedding. Ellen Jay is one of my favs, and their cinnamon streusel wedding cake was to die for!
Evelyne’s most valuable advice for future couples
“Don’t get worked up about the little things. Everything will fall into place on the big day! No one is going to notice/care if your napkins are personalized or that one thing didn’t go exactly the way you planned it at the reception. In the end, you’ll be married and your wedding would have been beautiful, with or without. Focus on the big picture and your new marriage!”
Lead Photographer: Jennie Tewell // Second Shooter: Brianna Hemphill // Wedding Planner: Tori Oetken – Bella Victoria Event Planning // Getting Ready Location: Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza Hotel // Ceremony Location: Springhill Avenue United Methodist Church // Reception Location: Azalea Manor // Bride’s Gown: Town and Country // Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Show Me Your Mumu // Men’s Attire: Men’s Wearhouse // Florist: Belle Bouquet // Cake & Desserts: Ellen Jay Sweets // Hair: Sarah Anne Sledge // Makeup: Chloe Vaughn Beauty // Bride’s Shoes: Lulu’s // Save the Dates: Minted // Invitations: Carlson Craft // Catering: Mama’s on Dauphin // Earrings: Olive and Piper // Transportation: Old Shell Trolley Club // Videography: Midtown Media // Band: The Blanton Reed Band