Anna Kate and Adam got married at the Bragg MItchell Mansion on Saturday, and it was the perfect day even with all of the obstacles they had to overcome. Originally, they were going to get married in March, but due to Covid 19, they had to postpone their wedding day. I am heartbroken for all of my couples that had to move their wedding date. I had 14 couples that had to change their wedding date! Anna Kate and Adam had the sweetest attitude though, and I’m so glad that they were finally able to get married. I think it was definitely worth the wait!
Covid-19 and tropical storms can’t stop the love that Anna Kate and Adam have for each other.
The Bragg Mitchell Mansion is definitely one of my favorite wedding venues in Mobile, Al for so many different reasons.
Here are a just a few of the things that I love most about the Bragg Mitchell Mansion.
- It has so much southern charm. The large white columns, the big porch, and the gorgeous oaks are just a few of the features that I love most about it.
- The grounds are immaculate and absolutely breathtaking. No matter what time of the year I am there, it is stunning. The azaleas typically bloom in March, and when they are in full bloom, there is nothing prettier I have ever seen.
- Not all venues have a place for the bride to get ready at, or if they do, it isn’t always pleasing to the eye. The Bragg Mitchell Mansion’s room upstairs is a photographer’s dream! It has so much natural light. Neutral colored walls, and classic antique furniture.
- Rain or shine, the mansion is perfect place for photos. Of course, a bride doesn’t plan for it to rain on her wedding day, but if it does rain…. (It rained most of the day for Anna Kate and Adam’s wedding) there are still beautiful places to take photos. For Anna Kate’s and Adam’s wedding, we took a lot of their photos on the porch when it was pouring rain. You wouldn’t even know it was raining by looking at their photos though.We did have to de-fog our lenses pretty often because the humidity was so intense. Ha! Just part of living in Alabama in June.
- As long as the weather cooperates, you can have a beautiful indoor / outdoor space. Guests can come back and forth. That’s especially a great idea if there is a large guest list.
- Because the property is so large, there is enough room outdoors to have a ceremony site and reception site without having to flip the spaces.
- The Bragg Mitchell Mansion is in a great part of town. It’s close to downtown and not far off to the interstate.
- It can accommodate a large guest list.
- Even when there are a lot of people there, it doesn’t feel overly crowded.
- The employees at the Mansion will bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you need. They are so kind, and I always love the opportunity to work with them!
Anna Kate and Adam, thank you for asking us to photograph your special day! It was an absolute honor. We loved every minute of being able to work with you.
Lead Photographer: Jennie Tewell
Second Shooter: Brianna Hemphill
Photographer’s Assistant: Laura Barnes
Ceremony and Reception Location: The Bragg Mitchell Mansion
Wedding Planner: Events Detailed
Florist: Julia Greer
Cake: Betty Weber
Catering: Georgia Rousso
Hair: Christin Bedgood
Makeup: Sarah Jeffries
Rentals: Port City Rentals