Last weekend was a busy weekend for Jennie Tewell Photography. We had 3 weddings, so I have lots of wedding day blog posts to share over the next few days. I’m going to start off by sharing images from Carrie + Jackson’s wedding. It was our first fall wedding that it actually felt like fall. It was nice and cool the whole day, and no humidity, which is rare here.
Carrie and Jackson met at the University of Alabama. They live in Pennsylvania but wanted to have a destination wedding here in Mobile. Their closest friends and family came to celebrate with them.
MY FAVORITE MOMENTS OF THE DAY
- I love Carrie’s choice of colors for her wedding. The dusty blue bridesmaid’s dresses looked good on everybody, and was such a pretty color.
- Carrie is a graphic designer, so she designed all of her invitations/paper goods, and hey turned out beautifully.
- Carrie had her dress and veil made from the lace of her mother’s wedding dress. I love how she used her mother’s dress to make a dress of her own. It was classic and timeless.
- After the ceremony, Carrie and Jackson chose to sneak away for portraits of just the two of them. We went to Washington Square for some bride and groom pictures. I loved this time with just the two of them. We got some lovely images, and it allowed them to have some downtime with just the two of them. We all crammed in my small Prius, but it was definitely worth it. 😍
- At the end of the reception, Jackson surprised us all and played a solo on the band’s electric guitar. I didn’t even know he played. It was a hidden talent. Watching Carrie soak it all in was so special.
- Instead of an exit, every one second lined from The Steeple to the Battlehouse. I love it when my couples incorporate this New Orleans tradition into their wedding day.
Carrie and Jackson, I loved working with both of you. Your chemistry is undeniable, and capturing the two of you on your special day was an absolute honor!
|Lead Photographer: Jennie Tewell|
Second Shooter: Emily McIntyre
|Ceremony + Reception Location: The Steeple|
|Florist: Belle Bouquet|
|Wedding Cake: Cakes by Judi|
|Band: Powerhouse Band|
|Makeup: Alexandrea West|
|Hair: Julie at Salon West|
|Catering: Tyner’s Catering|
|Bride’s Dress: Olia Zavozina|
|Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Azazie|
|Bride’s Shoes: Marc Jacobs|
|Wedding Planner: Bella Victoria Events|