As an Orange Beach Photographer, It’s so nice to be able to be back at the beach taking pictures. After months of not being able to go to the beach, we couldn’t be more excited about this family/maternity session.
Because everyone has been dying to go to the beach, the beaches are PACKED in the evening. Instead of fighting the crowds, we opted for an early morning session instead, and it was definitely a good idea. There was no-one at the beach, and it sure made taking photos easier.
Blakely was a trooper for waking up so early. I know she is so excited to be a big sister.
Brittany, you are glowing, and absolutely a gorgeous mama! Thank you for asking us to take your maternity photos while you were visiting Orange Beach. We are honored to be your photographer for this special season in your life! We pray for a safe delivery!
Here are a few tips on preparing for your maternity session:
- Pamper yourself! When getting professional photos done, it is always a good idea to have your hair and makeup professionally done. While this isn’t always a possibility, it sure makes you feel beautiful and confident for your session.
- Don’t forget about your nails. For maternity sessions, we take a lot of photos of your hands around your belly. After all, that is the focal point of the session. Be sure your nails are in good shape, and you don’t have chipped nail polish.
- If you have other children, bring them along. They want to be a part of the new baby’s life as well as feel important throughout the process.
- Coordinate your outfits. Neutrals photograph best in my opinion. Brittany did an amazing job of styling their outfits for this shoot. I love how their outfits go together but they aren’t overly matchy. This is the goal!
- Splurge on a pretty dress or gown for yourself. Flowy dresses photograph so nicely. You want to wear something you will be comfortable in, but also something that you feel beautiful in.
- I think the best time for a maternity session is around 30 weeks. You should be showing pretty good by this point, but you should also still have plenty of energy, and you shouldn’t feel uncomfortable at this stage.
Photos by associate photographer, Brianna.
If you are contemplating a maternity session, you should check out this article on 10 reasons why you should do a maternity session.